Poverty and Rural Development: The Role of PURDNET
What is PURDNET? The Puey Ungphakorn Rural Development Network's role in networking and advancing rural development.
PURDNET's co-coordinators: Prof Jitti Mongkolnchaiarunya, Dean Puey Ungphakorn School of Social Development, Thammasat University presents PURDNET along with Dr Prachanda Pradhan, Consultant FMIST, Nepal.
Activities to be promoted by the Network are as follows:
- Dissemination of information among network members on rural development issues and programs and achievements.
- Preparation of Case studies, sharing data and emerging issues from among the countries through webpage dedicated for PURDNET.
- To bring people together- through digital network, electronic media and exchange of information between and among members of the network.
- Enhance the network activities through appropriate digital technology.
- Practical, manageable, useful activities to be identified by steering committee in their next meeting.
- Encourage academics and students work together in rural areas.
- Training programme for young farmer, students, young generations.
- Collaborative effort on cross-cutting issues on rural development among countries.
Puey Ungphakorn Rural Development Network (PURDNET)
At present, this will be informal network of those interested people who would like to promote the causes of rural development for poverty eradication in Asia.